Lots of new air fryer fanatics may wonder: can you put aluminum foil in an air fryer? Air fryers are becoming progressively popular due to their capability to “fry” foods at a portion of the calorie material.
Now that these helpful tools are in increasingly more people’s kitchens, many are navigating the various ideas of using an air fryer. Lining a pan with aluminum foil is very common for roasting meat and other food items in the oven, but can you likewise put this practice to use in the air fryer?
Aluminum foil can be used in your air fryer, however, read listed below and follow the very best practices and pointers for utilizing tin foil in your fryer.
How to Use Aluminium Foil in an Air Fryer
When using a tin foil in an air fryer, be sure to follow the steps below.
- Only place the foil in the bottom of the basket
- Do not place the foil in the bottom of the pan where grease and food particles fall. Keep your foil in the basket.
- Do not cover the totality of the basket with aluminum foil– your air fryer needs some of these holes to be exposed for appropriate air circulation and cooking.
- Don’t let the foil stick out of the edge of the basket and keep it small and only within a small portion of the cooking basket.
- Aluminum foil should only be used when you have placed food on top of the foil! If there is absolutely nothing to weigh the foil down, it could be drawn into the heating system and trigger a fire!
Things to Avoid When Using Aluminum Foil in Your Air Fryer
As mentioned earlier, always place the food on top of the foil in your air fryer. Without something to weigh the foil down, it could be drawn into the heating system by the power of the air fryer. This might cause a fire or damage the system.
In addition, utilize a small amount of foil, tucked perfectly inside the system, permitting optimum airflow for proper cooking.
Cooking with Acidic Foods
One thing to prevent when utilizing aluminium foil in your air fryer is preparing with acidic foods, like these listed below:
- tomato juice/marinade
- fruit juices
- vinegar/vinegar-based marinade
- The heat from your air fryer integrated with the acid in these foods on the aluminum foil can decompose the foil. This can leave specks of black particles left in your fryer and on your food!
This process can likewise pull more aluminum into your food, which many people might want to prevent for health reasons and since it can offer a metal taste to your food.
Also Read: Best Kitchen Knife Sets Under 100
Is Cooking with Aluminum Foil Bad for Your Health?
Some specialists argue that cooking with aluminum foil could be bad for your health. Some studies reveal a link between too much dietary aluminum and Alzheimer’s illness. For this reason, many people try to prevent consuming excess aluminum.
In the past, I cooked on aluminum foil frequently. However, I am attempting to switch to baking paper for this reason. Another option is perforated parchment paper liners particularly produced an air fryer like these choices.
While there may or may not be some toxicity related to cooking on aluminum foil, I choose to play it safe for me and my household with baking paper or air fryer liners.
Can You Put Baking Paper or Parchment Paper in an Air Fryer?
As mentioned above, yes you can put baking paper in your air fryer, however, follow the same tips as detailed above for aluminum foil. Some individuals may choose parchment paper over tin foil due to the worry of aluminum seeping into the food.
A fantastic alternative to standard parchment paper or the baking paper is perforated parchment paper liners particularly made for an air fryer. The bottom of your air fryer basket will perfectly fit these liners.
An included bonus offer is that these parchment documents making cleaning your air fryer very simple. Anyone who has ever utilized an air fryer can tell you that cleaning them is a task even if you do end up putting them in the dishwasher.
Recommended: Best Meat Grinder For Chicken Bones
So you can put aluminum foil in an air fryer as long as you follow a couple of suggestions. Keep it small, enable air to stream by not covering the entire basket, and never utilize it without food on top of it to keep it in stable.
Leave a Reply